Monday, March 1, 2010

Belated V-Day- Colin and Carson

Colin
Carson and son Hank


Colin Meloy and Carson Ellis are my idea of a power couple. Listening to the Decemberists at work today- I still get chills when I hear O Valencia, The Crane Wife, I Was Meant for the Stage... and Carson Ellis' illustrations are the perfect match for Colin's beautiful, heartbreaking stories. Every time I hear these songs and see these drawings, I feel like they have been around for generations, I feel like they are stories and portraits of my family from years past. If you haven't encountered either of these two amazing minds... well, you know what to do.


Art for the Decemberists single Billy Liar

- www.carsonellis.com
- www.carsonellis.com/blog
- www.decemberists.com

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Robin! I love love The Decemberists so I immensely enjoyed this post! Colin's voice also gives me chills!

    Also- I tagged you in an award. Come check it out!

    Aimee

    http://chalkwhitechild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete